Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sharing is caring! (writing journal freebie!)

So, most bloggers I follow often share things that they have made, I have not yet done this. Why? Well, I have tons of things I have made, however, I would say that I am lazy, or I am on the wrong computer to share. Well, today folks, I am sharing!

Now, it has taken me a bit to figure this one out, I am sharing the first quarter Daily 5 journal that I made. I made these because I was tired of my students coming to me during the writing portion of Daily 5 and saying "I dont know what to write about!" or "I dont want to write about that..." So I made a journal with basically a prompt a day for the nine weeks. I am not sure if I will use it and say which they need to do or give them a choice (1, 2, or 3) or let them choose.

I tailored the prompts, in a way, to our curriculum. I also have squiggles in there (which I will probably draw in later, I did computer versions for this.) If you have never done a squiggle, its great! The kids use the squiggle to draw a picture of whatever they want, and then they write about their creation!

A word about the pages, these all have basically a half page of lines, however, I will probably add an entire lined page for when I print them, so they will have a page and a half. However, I may add the full lined pages in the middle, so they arent so intimidated in the beginning of the year.

HERE'S THE JOURNAL!

I also have fifth grade prompts, so if anyone wants something for upper elementary, let me know!

I have three more of these, if anyone wants to see them!

Those of you on TPT, is this something that could be sold? Im not fantastic at making things, no flashy graphics etc, but I have tons of ideas! I probably would have to purchase graphics if I want to do more...


Next thing coming - my STAR portfolio program that I never got to do with my kids in 5th. It was going to be part of my research, but it just didnt work out.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for ssharing! Sometimes I get stumped on prompts and I wanted to know what kind of prompts are appropriate for Kinders :)

    http://mspasquakinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for two awards! Come by and pick them up :)

    http://mspasquakinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete