Saturday, July 28, 2012

Tell Me More! Linky...

Linking up with Step into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons, and taking a page from Mrs. Stanford's Class... here is my "Tell Me More, ABC's of Me!"

The ABCs of me:
Dont midn the mess in the background!


A- Age: 31, I look anywhere from 18-24 from what I am told. My husband and I get asked if we are the siblings of our kids!

B-Bed size: Queen

C-Chore you hate: Hmm, kids do a lot, but I really dislike moving all of the furniture and sweeping/swiffering/mopping... and that's why I dont do it often!
D-Dogs:  Yay doggies!
This is my first doggy love, Sam. He is my mom's dog. He is a Lhasa-Poo and will be 12 in August!


This is my girl Sparky! I adopted her into my heart when I met Christopher (she is his dog.) She is a 10 year old Boston Terrier/Beagle. She has SO much dog-inality! This is her viciously attaking her s'mores toy!


This is Shirley Girl. She is my neighbor's dog, I am dog sitting her right now. Man I love her! She's an outside dog, and a chunky girl, but she is so wonderful!


E-Essential to start your day: Coffee. I love coffee. Gotta have it. My fifth graders used to "Move my clip" to red if I didnt have it.

F-Favorite color: Yellow! It's sunny and happy!

G-Gold or silver: White gold, which made me just check my ring finger, and I realized my wedding ring is still upstairs from when I was rolling cheese balls! Be right back! Ok, got it!

H-Height: 5'5"

I-Instruments you play: the trombone (since 4th grade) and I sing!

J-Job title: Kindergarten Teacher!"

K-kids: Currently two fantastic step-daughters (14 &15) and hopefully (at least) one more!
Chris and the girls at a Potomac Nationals Game!
(yes, we are also Orioles fans)


L-Live: Northern Virginia, however, we have moved to a more rural part (but still about 30 miles from DC)

M-My mom's name: Holly!

Me and my mom at my co-worker/Partner-In-Crime's wedding!

N- Nicknames: Ali, Ali Rae, A-Rae, Mrs. K, Mrs. Bathroom...
O-Overnight hospital stay: April 2010 with my youngest when she broke her arm when we were visiting my family in Pittsburgh... about 3 days since she had to have surgery on her elbow and a pin put in. AND... my husband was in Virginia at the time!
P-Pet peeves: Table manners, they were drilled into me as a kid! Oh, and people making noise when they eat. I know you cant help crunching when its a crunchy food, but ughhhhhh!
Q-Quote from a movie: From the Hangover... there are way more than this. My "Wolfpack" at work is fabulous, and there are many movie quotes that float around!

"Hello... how bout that ride in? I guess thats why they call it Sin City haha. You guys might not know this but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack, it grew by one. So there... there was two of us in the wolf pack. I was alone first in the pack and Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys I thought "wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack. Four of us wolves, running around the desert together in Las Vegas..."
R-Right/lefty: Righy!

S- Siblings: Older sister, she is a year younger than my husband!
T-Time you wake up: I'd like to say 5, or even 6 (because it should be then...) but toward the end of the school year, it becomes 6:30 or "however late I can wake up, look presentable and get the youngest to the bus, and me to work on time"
U-Underwear: "What are you eating under there?"  "Under where?" hahahaha!
V-Veggies you dislike: I like them all! I still have some trouble with some artichokes from when I got sick as a kid...
W-What makes you run late: Sleeping. :)
X-X-rays you've had: chest, knee and teeth!

Y-Yummy food you make: I love to cook... here are some highlights...(I also have a cooking blog, however, I took some time off! Kitchin's Kitchen)
 

Home made wheat bread with PB&J       Home made tortillas & enchilada sauce to make chicken enchiladas!


Z-Zoo animal: I LOVE ELEPHANTS, ALPACAS & MANATEES!


Towel Elephant from the a cruise...


Not one of the mentioned animals, but it is a baby deer in my back yard!


Alpacas from the zoo, however, we have a ton around us on farms!


Just a few more pictures I had that I wanted to share, they tell a lot about me!



Christopher and I took a cruise for our honeymoon and we were hooked! We will be taking our FOURTH cruise this year (one a year!) We have sailed exclusively on the Freedom of the Seas (RCCL) and have done Eastern Caribbean, Western Caribbean, Eastern Caribbean that got re-routed to a western itinerary due to a tropical storm... and this year an Eastern Caribbean with the kids (for the first time!) We sailed without the kids before because we never had alone time, since I married into having kids!

This was at Baltimore ComiCon last year, yes, we are nerds. This is a guy who was dressed (very well) as Martian Man Hunter, one of my favorite DC characters.



This is me trying a durian fruit. Do NOT listen when people say they're delicious. Those people like buying very expensive prickly things that smell and taste like rotting dirty socks covered in old vomit. A friend bought one to try, so of couse, I tried it. Ick.


We love baseball. We cheer for the Os (this is at Oriole Park at Camden Yards) and for the Potomac Nationals (and the Washington Nationals when they're not playing the Os.) I AM a Pittsburgh girl, so I should cheer for the Pirates, but Chris got me into baseball and the Os! (BUT I am a STEELER FAN)


Me and Cookie Monster at the Po-Nats game
I love mascots. I am a little scared of characters with human faces, but most fuzzy cute mascots get my love! I cant find a picture of my favorite, Uncle Slam, the Po-Nats mascot!

Okay, I think Im done sharing! Have a happy night!!!!
Alison :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your E. I NEED coffee in the morning.. Stay out of my way if I don't get it.

    BTW, I nominated your blog for two awards. Stop by and check them out.

    Tai Patrice

    ReplyDelete